Upgrade from 3.5: Activation pending

Hi there,

I have a small issue: just bought the upgrade from Dorico 3.5 to 4. The software opens, but in the activation manager, there it says that the activation is pending due to verification.

What can I do, as there is an expiry date?

In addtion: It seems that Dorico 3.5 is still there. Must that be removed?

Best regards,
Martin

As part of the upgrade, you need to get eLCC to confirm that you have an upgradeable v3.5 licence on an eLicenser (either a USB-eLicenser or a soft-eLicenser), and that is the bit that hasn’t happened yet. You will need to follow the instructions here: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/4414539809426-Steinberg-Licensing-Upgrades-from-eLicenser-based-products

You don’t need to remove Dorico 3.5 - you can happily have both v3.5 and v4 installed (although don’t try to run them at the same time).

1 Like

hi. i have tried following the instructions but time and again i get a messege that ther is nothing to update/upgrade.is there anyway to get help directley from steinberg?it seems that help from the local distributer is delaying.thanks

Welcome to the forum, @ITZIK. We can certainly try to help you. Why not send me a private message including the relevant information, and I’ll do what I can to assist.