Upgrade from Ai6 to 6

Hi,

I bought an upgrade online from Cubase AI 6 to 6 and it worked fine, but two weeks later I had to rebuild my laptop, and reinstall Cubase. Now my upgrade activation code does not work. When I enter the activation code in the elicenser, I get:

“Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license.”

Can anyone help?

You can only use an activation code once. The license is still on the dongle. You do not need to activate it again. Just install Cubase, plug-in the dongle and get to work. If you are talking about the message that prompts you to REGISTER Cubase, just click, “Already Registered”.

BTW, I am assuming you are talking about the full version of Cubase (with a hardware dongle). If you are talking about Elements, there is an article in the knowledge base about reactivating your software E-License on a new laptop or hard drive.

HTH
J.L.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I’m using a soft e-licenser, on elements. So if I download a license, which is then sent to my email, I can only use it once? Surely, if I’ve paid for it, it’s like having it on CD?? Shouldn’t the activation code work again, the same s before?

Thanks for your help, but it all seems rather confusing to me!! I’ll check through the knowledge base to check.

The knowledge base article explains how to “reactivate” your software.
HTH
J.L.

The activation code is a one time code to activate your license, hence its name. The license itself can be used for ever, but the complication with a soft license is that it resides on the PC it was activated on.