Upgrade From Artist 6.5 to Full Version?

I’m using Cubase Artist 6.5. I’d like to upgrade to the full version and pay for an upgrade only, instead of buying the full version. Is this possible? I’ve searched around and if I had to guess, I’d say no, but I’m hoping someone here can tell me otherwise.

Thanks!

Are you talking about upgrading to the full version of Cubase 6.5?

Yes, that’s what I mean. Thanks for clarifying. Is it possible without buying the full version? I don’t see a way to upgrade 6 or 6.5 from Artist to the full edition through Steinberg’s site.

Cubase 7 is out so they stop selling the old version.
HTH
J.L.

If you try hard enough you might be able to find a “leftover” Artist 6.5->Full 6.5 upgrade floating around in a store or online. I seriously doubt it, though. They are most likely long gone. But, you never know.

You can however buy the 6.5artist to 7(full, not artist), which will allow you to use your 6.5artist as 6.5 full :slight_smile:.

Thanks everyone.

Strophoid: I’ve been looking for the 6.5 Artist > 7 Full option as well, but I must be missing it. Can you tell me where to find it? I’ve only found 6 or 6.5 Full > 7 Full.

Availability could possibly vary, depending on your location.

When I look at the Steinberg Shop Cubase 7 page I see the download option for Artist 6.5->7, but the boxed product is unavailable.

Normally Sweetwater (USA) has all the update/upgrade options available, but they aren’t showing an Artist 6.5->7 either.

I wonder if they are currently out of physical product for that upgrade version. Maybe they are working on new packages which will include a newer version of DVD installer than 7.0.0? I dunno :confused: .

OK, I had to call Sweetwater to find this on their site, but it CAN be found just by doing a search. It’s just not obvious, that’s all:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CubaseArt7up

I think I have to go from Artist 6.5 > Artist 7 > 7 Full, but that’s fine. I thought this might be the case. Thanks everyone.

Scab: I like your new picture!

That’s of course also possible, but if I look in the Steinberg shop there is a 6.5 artist to 7 full update available for €300,-, whereas from 6.5 to 7 artist to 7 full would cost €350,-.

I take it you don’t get that option here?: http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/cubase-7.html

Strophoid, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.