Upgrade from Cubase 11 AI to Cubase pro 12 without dongle

@Ben_at_Steinberg Hello Ben! Can you help me? I have Cubase 11 pro license on my eLicenser dongle. Today i bought update to Cubase 12, but i haven’t dongle now (i left it in the studio in Ukraine). Tell me please, can i register Cubase 12 without dongle?
Thank you!

Hi @Alexander_Don
I hope you registered your dongle on the website, if it is you can buy another dongle and transferring the license over to it through your MySteinberg account.
Check help site: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115001660864-USB-eLicenser-defective-lost-or-stolen-dongle-key-

Though I think this is a issue you need to contact technical support by sending a support ticket , or depending on which country you currently are in, you can call them. This might take several days I’m afraid… it seems that there are a flood of request pushing in due to the launch of the new version.

I wish you Luck!

@Windlancer is correct that our support team are best placed to help with this one.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will try

Hello @Matthias_Quellmann hello All,
Below is my request for help sent just now via a new topic. A forum member kindly pointed me to this thread.

I don’t know what to do anymore… Thank you in advance if you have a solution

"Hello to all,
Everything is said in the subject. I don’t know where or to whom to turn.
I followed all the instructions, tips and tricks found on the Steinberg website and forums.

My situation:
I use Cubase Element 11 in e-licenser (no USB licenser).
I bought Cubase Artist 12 “upgrade from Element 11” on the Steinberg website (it is no longer necessary to use a USB licenser for the “Artist” level, that’s the reason of my purchase).
I installed Cubase Artist 12. It works perfectly.

But… impossible to activate the license! The status is always “verification pending”. I even received a message from Steinberg that I still haven’t activated my software. On my PC, everything is up to date (e-licenser, steinberg download assistant, manager, etc.). I have already sent 2 messages to support without success (no answer). My Artist 12 version will stop on April 2, 2022, because of the lack of activation.

What should I do? I am desperate. If someone could be kind enough to help me, thank you very much in advance."

Edit: To add about my problem :

Every time I try to activate my license, I get a message in e-licenser that mentions a problem between soft-licenser and USB licenser. This is incomprehensible because I have never had to use a USB stick for the Element 11 license. The worst thing is that e-licenser asks me to move my license 11 from “soft” storage to a USB license storage even though I don’t have one, I never had one.

Thanks a lot

I lost my dongle.

I have v11 Pro and purchased the upgrade to v12. It’s installed and all working BUT I received an email saying it’s not yet activated and I have 14 days left.

Going around in circles trying to contact support so getting desperate trying here.

Tried this but no luck: Matthias_Quellmann

Mar '22

No, you don’t need the dongle. Just enter the Download Access Code (DAC) into the Steinberg Download Assistant and follow the instructions.

Nope didn’t work?
HELP

PS. just realised this is an old thread, exactly 12 months!

If you want to update from Cubase Pro 11 to Cubase Pro 12 you need the dongle.

Hi Matthias, is that the bottom-line?
Hm, is that right.
Am I to re-purchase v12?
Been with you since Creator which became Notator which became Cubase (had to think about that :).
Got to laugh!
But then again, never give up.

I already paid to upgrade.

quick fyi – that’s Emagic Logic you refer to, now Apple Logic Pro. Cubase has been called Cubase since 1989. see Steinberg Cubase - Wikipedia

Ha! My upgrade path was Creator, Notator then Cubase and all were on the Atari… so the Atari was the common thread.

EUREKA!!
Lost Dongle - no worries - to get activated contact a support representative at Steinberg.
CONTACT INFO@STEINBERG.DE
They by-passed the dongle and set up the Steinberg Activation Manager for me.
All I had to do was ACTIVATE.
I AM ACTIVATED!

Thank you Steinberg support!

never-give-up-never-surrender-quote-1

…just got the answer …