Upgrade from Cubase 9 to Cubase 10.5

I’m trying to upgrade from Cubase Artist 9 to Cubase Artist 10.5 and not having much luck. Here’s the background:

• A few months ago I purchased a Lenovo p53 with Windows 10 to be used only with Cubase. I installed Cubase Artist 9 with no problems.

• Last week I decided to upgrade to Cubase Artist 10.5 and purchased the program.

• I was able to easily upgrade the eLicenser and also the Steinberg My Product page to Cubase Artist 10.5

• I then went to the Steinberg Download Assistant and selected the Cubase Artist 10.5 product icon. I downloaded the full program and tried to install it with no luck. I tried to install with the other options but also had no luck.

• As part of my 2-day upgrade effort I did uninstall Artist 9 but that didn’t help.

Now, the upgrade process is locked.

So, what do I do?

“Luck” is not a system requirement, so “with no luck” means what exactly… :confused:

Did you get error messages?
If so what were they?

All a bit vague at the moment…

Problem solved.

There were a number of upgrade options to choose from in the Steinberg Download Assistant. The correct option was “Cubase Artist 10.5.20-Update from 10.0” Since I was upgrading from Artist 9 I did not realize this would accomplish the upgrade, which it did.

So. I’m up and running again. Thanks for your comments.