Upgrade from Cubase LE / AI 6 to Cubase Elements 8

Good afternoon,

I have just bought the upgrade from Cubase LE / AI 6 to Cubase Elements 8.
The LE/AI 6 version I owned was running on a Lion OS and I am now going to use the Cubase Elements 8 on El Capitan OS.
May please explain the steps to follow to install the software?
Do I need to install first the LE/AI 6 version and then the Cubase Elements 8?
Maybe the right thing to do was to buy the Cubase Elements 8 Full Version??

Thank you in advance for you answer.

If you did a clean install then you will have lost your current soft elicence (which is the one you will apply the upgrade to)

Go to this link https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/soft-elicenser-sel-faq.html

Ad follow the section on how to reactivate. This will give you back the C6 AI licence.
Then you can enter your upgrade activation code in elicencer control and get the C8 Elements license.

Then you only need to install C8 Elements.

Thank you. I am afraid I did a bit of confusion. I tought it was possible to use on a new computer the upgrade to an older version of Cubase bought for a different computer… Now I guess I have wasted my money, as Cubase Elements 8 won’t work on a Lion OS. Right?

You CAN use it on any computer you like…it doesn’t have to be the same one…just follow the instructions.

Thanks. I have reactivated the C6 AI license. But when I enter the C8 upgrade activation code I get a message telling me that there isn’t any license available to be upgraded. Any idea?

So to be clear…if you open the elicenser control centre you can see the active AI6 licence in there??

If yes and you bought the correct “Upgrade from Cubase LE / AI 6/7/8” then the activation should work.

I bought the Upgrade from Cubase LE / AI 6/7/8 because the icon of C6 I am using shows the name Cubase LE AI 6. But if I check the mail I received when I purchased the C6 it seems that I bought the Cubase Elements 6 Vollversion. Maybe I needed to buy the Update from Cubase Elements 6 / 7…

Yep.

Le/AI/Elements uses the same installer so easy to confuse them…but if you have Elements licence then you need Elements upgrade.

As long as your activation code has not been used Steinberg will probably sort this out for you. Send in a support ticket explaining what you have done and confirming the activation is unused.

Thanks, I’ll do as you suggest.