Upgrade from Dorico 3.5 Pro to Dorico 4 Pro

Having purchased an upgrade from 3.5 Pro to 4 Pro, three weeks ago, I am still unable to activate the software. Online help has been poor at best and my 3.5 Licence states that it is Not Updatable. Why would this be? Furthermore my products have disappeared from my Steinberg account. This has been a complete nightmare any help would be greatly received. N.B.(Dorico 3.5 was not purchased as an educational licence)

How far have you managed to get so far? Is any sort of v4 licence showing in the Steinberg Activation Manager? How does your v3.5 licence currently appear in the eLicenser Control Center?

Gary’s case is an interesting one: he’s received his Dorico Pro 4 update Download Access Code, has redeemed it successfully, and updated his Dorico Pro 3.5 license so it’s now marked as “not upgradeable” – but somehow it has come to pass that no Dorico Pro 4 entitlement is in his Steinberg ID.

Gary, I’ve asked my colleagues in the licensing team to take a look as soon as possible, and in the meantime I’ve sent you a 30-day code to allow you to get up and running with Dorico 4 now. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your response Richard, I have now managed to activate a trial version via a link provided by Daniel. The licence did not show in the Activation Manager (No licence found) but did show in the Download Assistant. 3.5 Licence shows up in e-licenser Control Centre as Not Upgradable. Unfortunately it never picked up the upgrade licence.