Upgrade from Elements 8

Greetings, fellows!
I’m somewhat of a new Cubase user and, in searching for info on its tools, came across the marvelous VariAudio. What was my disappointment in learning it’s only available in the Pro version.

I have the Cubase Elements 8 (having upgraded from the LE / AI version) and wish to obtain Cubase Pro (in order to use VariAudio). However, when I visited the shop to try and purchase it, there were several options and two of them got me confused:

**>Upgrade from Cubase 8

Upgrade from Cubase Elements, LE, AI, Essential, Studio, SX, SL or Sequel**

My question is pretty simple: Having the Elements 8 version, which of the alternatives is best for me?

Hi!
I have the same version as yours, Elements 8. I’ve just upgraded from Elements 7 to 8. If you want to upgrade to Pro 8.5 I’m almost sure that you should choose the second option. I see here 449 Euros!

It’s funny the coincidence, because I went through the same problem as you months ago. I was excited to use VariAudio until I realize that I couldn’t in my Elements. I’ve used very much Audiosnap in Sonar but I want to leave Sonar and Windows definitely. This seems to be a fair exchange, but I have not used VariAudio yet, anyway.

The current version of Cubase Pro is 8.5.

The first option (Upgrade from Cubase 8) is an upgrade from Cubase Pro 8 to Cubase Pro 8.5.
The second option is the one you want, which is an upgrade from any version of Cubase Elements, LE, AI, Essential, Studio, SX, SL or Sequel to Cubase Pro 8.

Now I have a doubt…
I used a voucher available in MySteinberg area to get a special price for update Elements AI 7 to 8, 9.99 Euros.
Now I have Elements 8 installed and licensed in MySteinberg area but a new voucher gives me a special price (29.99 Euros) to “Cubase AI 8 Update from Cubase AI 4/5/6/7”. Cubase AI 7 and 8 do have VariAudio and it would be good, but I think this offer is not for me. So why are they offering me??

I used a voucher available in MySteinberg area to get a special price for update Elements AI 7 to 8, 9.99 Euros.
Now I have Elements 8 installed and licensed in MySteinberg area

You updated Cubase AI7 to Cubase AI8…so how can you have Cubase Elements licensed and not AI8?

Cubase AI 7 and 8 do have VariAudio and it would be good

No they don’t - The ONLY version of Cubase 8 with Variaudio is Pro.

Maybe I did not make myself clear…
I updated Cubase AI Elements 7 to 8 for 9.99 Euros and not Cubase AI 7 to 8.

There is no such thing as “AI Elements”…AI and Elements are 2 separate versions. They share the same installer but your licence is for one or the other.

So I assume you upgraded AI7 to AI8

Regardless of which version you have, only Cubase 8Pro has variaudio so if you are hoping another upgrade will make this available I’m afraid it’s only with a much more expensive upgrade.