Upgrade Issue

Good Afternoon.

I need some help.

I currently have Cubase 9. I paid to upgrade from 9 to 10.5 yesterday. When I enter the activation code into the control centre, I receive the following message…

“Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB e-licenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer”

I have checked my licenses and it says Cubase Pro 10, even though I’ve been operating 9, and I’ve never upgraded to 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Maybe you got a license for 10 through a Grace Period update. Not sure if there is a way to tell. Bottom line is that you need an update from Cubase 10, which saves you some money but you’ll have to contact the store support and get the correct update.

Shall I purchase the upgrade from Pro 10 to Pro 10.5? Then request a refund for this upgrade?

Yes, you’re right. The upgrade from 10 is much cheaper.

That’s a tough one and I would hate to steer you in the wrong direction. The sale ends today. I am not sure whether the shop would simply swap out your update code for the correct version and refund you the difference OR if they just issue a refund and let you re-purchase the correct update. Depending on how quickly they reply it could be too late to get the sale price. Then, consider whether you’re in a hurry to USE 10.5 because it could take a couple of days.
You could actually download and use C10 right now, of course.
I would contact the store and hope for a quick reply. Beyond that, I am afraid to offer any advice.

Thanks for your help. I’ve purchased 10-10.5. The activation code has worked, now just downloading the update.

I will request a refund for the other. Last time I requested a refund they were very helpful and quick to process.

You’re welcome and I am glad you got it sorted out. Nice to know you have dealt with the store for a refund before and it was easy.