Upgrade PC vs Purchase Mac

Hello all. This might possibly be my very first post. And, for those of you who might be wondering, yes I did spend time searching and reading some related posts. Ahh yes, the age old question:

I have been away from Cubase for a very long time. There is a good chance that I may be joining the fold in the not-too distant future.

The setup that I am using now really did not require a very powerful PC as most of the processing was being handled by my audio card and external DAW (Soundscape Red32 / Mixpander 9)

Believe it or not all I really needed for this setup was an older HP Compaq xw8200 running Windows XP and 2gig of Ram. I have also had Cubase v.5.x on the machine but have rarely used it. I have seen and read a lot about Cubase 10 Pro and my interest has really been peaked.

I do have another PC kicking around that I am not using for audio. I believe it has an i7 Intel processor sitting on an ASUS P6T motherboard and can only handle a maximum of 24gig Ram (It currently has 12gig installed (6x12G) but would most likely have to be replaced by 24gig (6x4G).

I was considering doing one of two things.

Upgrading the memory on my Windows 10 PC to 24 gig or purchasing a used Mac Pro Tower. I cannot afford to spend several thousand dollars on a new Mac at the moment. If I do go with the Mac what minimum specs should I be looking for.

Your thoughts, time, and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely. Peter

Thank you so much for the response. I agree. Upgrading my current PC seems to make a lot more sense. Have a great day! Peter

Well, I think MACs are very overpriced. I mean, don’t get me wrong, they are awesome computers, but way overpriced.