Upgrade Pricing Error in Online Shop

Hello PG;

I was purchasing the WL7e upgrade (from WL6e) via the online shop. The price stated was $49.99 USD for the download version.

However, after filling in my personal data (and Canadian address), I stopped the process because the price jumped to $75.00 CAD.

With the current USD/CAD exchange rate of 1.00 USD =1.00003 CAD, the amount should be no more than $49.9879 CAD.

Since this is a download and not a shipped item, why is a $25.00 premium being applied?? :question:

Thank you.

QuBe.

Addendum:

Retail music shops in Toronto are selling the boxed WL6e ->WL7e upgrade for ~ $62.00 CAD.

So, there muse be an error with the online purchasing.

QuBe.

Great…everybody’s gone for the holidays. :cry:

Well, there’s no way I’m paying $75.00.
It ain’t so much the price, as it is an issue of a retailer honoring their advertised price.

It would be different story if a country pricing table were presented before entering the purchase process, but there isn’t such a thing. You click proceed, and suddenly 50% is added to the price.

Also, “Canada” isn’t even in the list of countries in the “Not From USA” pulldown list.
What the * is that about?
Luxembourg, a country with 1/60th the population of Canada is in the list, but not Canada?!
:neutral_face:
{facepalm}

QuBe.

Well, Canada is more than 60 times the distance from Germany… :sunglasses: Anyway, in Luxemburg they pay EUR 49,- which comes down to CAD 65,-. I’d say go for the 62,- boxed version, or get in touch with your local Steinberg rep. PG is not the one to talk to about this anyway.

Luck, Arjan

Lol!
Them bits get pretty tired from the journey. :smiley:

Anyway, in Luxemburg they pay EUR 49,- which comes down to CAD 65,-. I’d say go for the 62,- boxed version, or get in touch with your local Steinberg rep.

Nah.
Don’t want to pay for a box, disk and getting started manual…and the gas and time to go get it.
And there is no rep in Canada anymore…it’s all been passed on to the dealers.

PG is not the one to talk to about this anyway.
Luck, Arjan

Pourquoi pas?
Since it may be a pricing accuracy issue with the Online Shop, I figured he would perhaps pass it along to the mothership.
:sunglasses:
QuBe.

La situation a été résolue. :smiley:

WL7e is in da house.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.
:sunglasses:
QuBe