Upgrade question from Cubase AI 10 to Cubase Elements 10

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased a Steinberg sound interface and it came with Cubase AI 10 which I have already installed on my computer. However, I want to upgrade to Cubase Elements 10 and I have already purchased the 49.99Euro upgrade. My question is: in the Steinberg Download assistant, do I need to download the Cubase Elements 10 Full version once again (15.07GB) - and uninstall the current AI version that I currently have on my pc? Or, to download only the Cubase Elements 10 update (414MB) and just install the update without removing the AI version? How does it work?

Kindly appreciate all the help.

Thanks,

Liviu

Yes, you need to download and install the full version (15 GB).

The update file is to update Cubase from 10.0.15 to 10.0.20. You’d probably need this too, unless the full installer is already 10.0.20.

No, you do not need to download the full installer again. The same installer is used for all three versions (AI, LE and Elements). All you need to do is register your new license in eLicenser and the full features of Elements will be unlocked.

Depending on the version you installed, you may need to download the latest update.