Upgrade to 8.5

Upgraded this morning to version 8.5 running on Windows 10.

What a mess!

Here are some of the issues:
Crashes trying to initialize vststransit.dll on startup. Workaround is to delete vsttransit.dll
Crashes trying to load Grove Agent.
Recent Projects were not carried over from 8.0

And that in the first few minutes of use.

Here’s the crash information from vsttransit.dll

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFA22E5E6FC (ntdll.dll) in Cubase8.5.exe: 0xC0000374: A heap has been corrupted (parameters: 0x00007FFA22EB22B0).

Did you update to 8.5.20?

Yes, I did. How do I go about getting some real technical support?

Well you should be using your MySteinberg for that, not the forums.

To me it sounds like something caused 8.5 to not install correctly. When that happens it’s common to get the errors you’re getting, and reinstalling usually fixes them.

I would recommend downloading the Cubase Pro 8.5 full installer from your MySteinberg and running it as Administrator with any antivirus software (Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender which is built into Windows 10, etc) disabled. If you don’t have the bandwidth to download that, maybe just reinstalling the 8 > 8.5.0 upgrade installer may be enough.

If that doesn’t work, check the My Support tab in your MySteinberg to contact support directly. They should be able to help you.

Hi

Came here with similar issue where cubase 6.5 crashes all of the sudden showing ntdll.dll in the error message. Support team didn’t respond for a week and after re-sending another email they directed me to try in cubase group or help center. Which I am not sure where it is.

Can I get any help here?

Has the OP been able to solve this issue?