Upgrade to Artist and USB Licencer

Hello.

I’m a drummer that does (was doing actually) all the recording and mixing for the band. Last year the band fell apart and now I am thinking about moving to more solo “career” :wink:
I’m using Cubase since 8 came out. First it was Cubase 8 AI, then I moved to Cubase 9 Elements and later upgraded to Elements 10.
Next step would be to move to Artist version of Cubase but I have a few questions…

1. Is it worth the £190 for the upgrade from Elements?
Now, when I’m on my own I want to use more VTS instruments and that kind of stuff (remember, I’m just a drummer :wink: ) but is the upgrade really worth it?
How’s the workflow different from Elements version, plugins, etc… ?

2. USB-eLicenser required
Ok, I buy the upgrade and need USB stick for it, that’s fine. But… Is it just to activate my software or does it need to be plugged in at all time (or when I use Cubase)?
Is it per one PC or can I actually install Artist on both my Laptop and PC and just move the stick when I use one or the other?
(that would be great because so far I had to run two Cubase app’s, AI and Elements so I can freely move and record on one and produce at home on the other)
What happens when I loose the USB stick or it gets damaged?

3. Overall thoughts
What are your thoughts and experience with Cubase Artist (especially the versions 9 and up)?
Any one regrets moving from Elements?
What were the issues you came across?

Thanks
Rudal

1. Only you can tell if the additional features are worth it to you. This chart Compare the Versions of Cubase | Steinberg compares the different flavors of Cubase. You can scan it and see if the differences between Elements & Artist matter much to you. Keep in mind that some features that may seem meh based on the description can end up being super useful in action. So there are likely some additional benefits in Artist that you don’t know will be useful until you experience them.

2. Needs to be plugged in continuously while using Cubase. You can remove it when not in use (but don’t do that just because you can). You can install & run Artist on multiple computers by moving the dongle, but only on one computer at a time. If you loose or break the dongle the license is lost (but Steinberg will often work with folks to recover). They also have a zero downtime plan. Generally it is good to have a spare empty dongle.

3. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I’ve always used Pro (or equivalent)

Sorry for the questions, Can anyone help as I want to get this correct, please see my points below and hopefully you can please answer and advise on queries.

1. My cubase version CUBASE 6 Advanced Music Production System ?
    2, Can I download Cubase 11 straight from Cubase 6 version - so for example download 11 to my cubase 6 which I think costs £85.00 and skip all the versions in between example 7-8-9-10 etc Cubase 6 and Cubase 11?
  2. Or do I have to download update package from CUBASE 6 to CUBASE 11 with all the up dates in between 10?
  3. Do these download to the e-licencer or computer.?
  4. To be clear, can I use the e-licencer and cubase on my desktop and then take the elicencer to my laptop and use on that. For example move from one computer to another.?
  5. What is the minimum memory required and the best recommended.?

Sorry for the questions, but I want to get this correct, please see my points below and hopefully you can please answer and advise on queries.

1. My cubase version CUBASE 6 Advanced Music Production System ?
    2, Can I download Cubase 11 straight from Cubase 6 version - so for example download 11 to my cubase 6 which I think costs £85.00 and skip all the versions in between example 7-8-9-10 etc Cubase 6 and Cubase 11?
  2. Or do I have to download update package from CUBASE 6 to CUBASE 11 with all the up dates in between 10?
  3. Do these download to the e-licencer or computer.?
  4. To be clear, can I use the e-licencer and cubase on my desktop and then take the elicencer to my laptop and use on that. For example move from one computer to another.?
  5. What is the minimum memory required and the best recommended.?