Upgrade to Cubase 12

Hey,

I have Cubase 11 Pro, and I want to upgrade to Cubase 12.
How do you do it smoothly so that there are no problems?
I’ve heard of cases where people upgraded and it didn’t go right.

Thanks!

My upgrade was a disaster. In the end, I had to uninstall all Steinberg products completely and reinstall from scratch. Total nightmare.

The vast majority of people have had no problems, and also, the Activation Manager has been improved, and continues to be updated frequently.

Individual computer setups might have had problems, due to local conditions on those setups, but the update process is pretty smooth for most.

All you have to do is insert your download access code into the Steinberg Download Assistant while the USB-eLicenser which contains your Cubase 11 license is connected to your computer. This is required to verify that you’re eligible for the update you purchased.

Here’s a step-by-step guide: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/4414539809426-Steinberg-Licensing-Upgrades-from-eLicenser-based-products

If you want to make sure that things will go smoothly before updating, start the Steinberg Download Assistant to update all required components, then run the Steinberg Activation Manager. Check if you have version 1.3.1.698 or higher installed.

This should confirm that your installation is functioning as it should, and that nothing has been poking holes into your registry or file system (such as overzealous cleanup apps).

1 Like

I had a great result with my Cubase 12 upgrade, but did a lot of prep work to make sure it goes smoothly. Check out my post here to get some tips!

Thank you all !