Upgrade to cubase pro 12 , That means I can use all previous version?

I own cubase pro 7.5 and I want to upgrade cubase pro 12 during this grace period.
I’m concerned about the bugs and thinking to use just only cubase 11 for a while. That’s fine to upgrade to 12 and let the system fixed perfectly.

… The question is , I can use all previous version as old customer 7.5-11 . Thank you for all suggestion in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You will get Cubase 11 Pro (not upgradable) license to your USB-eLicenser. You can use any older Cubase with this license. And your Cubase 12 Pro license will be part of the new licensing system, so you can use Cubase 12 Pro too.

But I don’t understand your thoughts of the Grace Period. Did you activate your Cubase after November 9, 2021, as mentioned here, please?

1 Like

I now use Cubase pro 7.5 and I want to upgrade cubase pro 12 , Then if something isn’t compatible with devices I think of using previous version , may be 10 or 11 something like that. So Can I have the non upgradable for usb-elicenser( for all previous version 7.5-11) and also the server license for 12 .

Or just old license 7.5 plus new server license cubase pro 12.

Hi,

You will get non-upgradeable Cubase 11 Pro license on the USB-eLicenser. With this one, you can start Cubase 11, 10.5, 10, 9.5,… 7.5, whatever you want to. And you will get Cubase 12 Pro on the server.

1 Like

Hi,
I just purchased
“Cubase Pro 12 Upgrade from Cubase Elements 6 - 11 or AI / LE 4 - 11” two weeks ago.
Today, after installed and activated Cubase Pro 12, my old Cubase 10.5 no longer works. The license record of the Cubase 10.5 in “eLicenser Control Center” disappear and is replaced by “Cubase Element 11 (upgraded to Cubase 12 …)”.
How should I do to work with the old version?

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Make sure, you have installed and you start Cubase Elements 10.5, not Cubase Pro 10.5, please.

Thanks.
I didn’t reinstall Cubse 10.5.
I just tried to open the Cubase 10.5 Element that I use since 2019.
And it jumped up a window “eLicenser Control - error”
Then I found the Cubase 10.5 Element license record disappears in the “eLicenser Control Center”

Hi,
I’m very surprised! The Cubase 10.5 Element is opened successfully now.
When the 1st window “eLicenser Control - error, Application ‘VST Transit’ has caused the following error: eLicenser(s) contain(s) no valid license for this application. ” pop up,
I stopped click the “License” or “Retry” button like I did this morning, instead I click “cancel” button.
Then the 2nd window “eLicenser Control - error, Attention: If you cancel this operation the application might crash. ” And I just click the “cancel” button again.
Then Cubase 10.5 Element opened.

It works now. But hope I can feel safe without seeing the error message.

I guess it concerns “VST Transit” eLicense that I don’t understand.

Thanks again.