upgrade to cubasis 3 from cubasis 2 or 2 le incl w Yama mixer?

i own cubasis 2 and just got a yamaha mixer that came with cubasis 2 le. the latter has a built-in offer to upgrade to the “full” app, but it doesnt say whether that’s to the current version, cubasis 3 or the old cubasis 2. i have zero need to pay for another cubasis 2, as i already have it.

the only thing i do with cubasis is scratchpad recording of practice sessions; if anyting interesting happened, i’ll send it over to cubase 10.5 and take it from there.

imho, owners of other steinberg products should get discounts for the relevant products they own, eg owners of cubase get discounted cubasis. at the very least, owners of cubasis 2 should not have to pay full price to upgrade to cubasis 3. as a cubase owner, i pay $99 when a new version comes out - much less than the $600 or whatever it costs wo that.

—jdm

Hi johndavidmiller,

Tomorrow we will release Cubasis LE 3, which comes with free instrument and effects in-app purchase transfer options.

More details to follow with our official announcement tomorrow.

Best,
Lars

Great! I saw your recent sale of the full iOS Cubasis 3 for 30-some bucks and bought it. Given that I happily pay $99 for Mac Cubase Pro updates when they come out, that seemed a great deal.

Btw, my main application of Cubasis is as a super fast and ez way to record at the piano via a little Yamaha monitor mixer, mg10ufx. (Coincidentally the piano is a Yamaha, too)

I’d also like to use iPad + Cubasis to record MIDI drums, specifically Yamaha DTX900, which has transport buttons to operate Cubase Pro on Macbook Pro; if I had a MIDI + audio iPad interface, would the DTX control the Cubasis trasport, as well?

Hi johndavidmiller,

Thank you for your reply, and welcome to Cubasis 3 - hopefully you enjoy using the app!

Hardware controller support is on our list for future updates!

Best,
Lars