Upgrade to Elements 7

I have an activated copy of Cubase LE AI Elements including “basic FX suite” which came with the (very nice) UR44 that I purchased last month. I recently took up the offer to upgrade to Cubase Elements, but there seems to be a problem with the UPGRADE package which I purchased online, yesterday.

The downloaded package “Cubase_Elements_7_Installer_win.zip” does not appear to contain an upgrade to Elements from AI. It does nothing more than offer to reinstall AI. (To an older version, BTW.)

The contents of the zip file are:
[folder] Cubase LE AI Elements 7 for Windows 15/05/2013 11:44
[folder] Xtras 15/05/2013 11:43
[file] Cubase_Elements_7_Start_Center.dxr 17/04/2013 12:23
[file] Cubase_Elements_7_Start_Center_cont.dxr 17/04/2013 12:23
[file] Start_Center.exe 19/04/2013 12:26

I cannot find any eLicence Activation Code for Elements 7 - only my pre-existing codes for AI.
I paid money for this at Steinberg’s on-line shop “asknet”, but I have received nothing whatsoever.
What is going on? I tried to email to request a refund, but <steinberg@asknet.de> does not accept incoming e-mails. How do I ask for my money back for this unusable or misrepresented product?

Hi again. It turns out that the new download does not contain the upgrade at all. The downloaded package looked like the same installation program as “AI”, because it was. It was actually an older version of what I already had. All three versions of Cubase Elements are contained within this one package! The only thing that matters is the Activation Code which you feed into your soft-eLicence (or USB eLicence).

During the hours it took to download the “upgrade” package, I had misplaced the original activation code so, when I attempted the installation, the only available option was to reinstall the activated “AI” version which I already had. On my second visit to the on-line store, I made sure I took a copy of the activation code. Although I still believed I had been sent the wrong package, I entered the new code into the eLicencer, just to see what would happen. Suddenly, “AI” changed its name to “Elements” - no download was necessary after all.

I do think that some “expectation management” and a clear indication of how this process was going to work, would have helped to avoid customer confusion and frustration. Paying for the Upgrade - the activation code - simply enables some previously unavailable features and “AI” becomes “Elements”.

i have the same issue…i am Cubase LE AI Elements 7 64bit, so then i purchased Cubase Element 7, when i got to download package…they dont have upgrade program. Did you find the way out yet?!

Thanks wisdomturtle.

Yes, the problem was resolved because I subsequently focused on the Activation Code rather than the installer package. The only thing that matters is the Activation Code which you feed into your soft-eLicence (or USB eLicence).

I had mistakenly believed the activation code for the upgrade would be e-mailed to me - but it was not. When I returned to the on-line store a second time, I made sure I recorded the activation code. At the time, I believed I had been sent the wrong package, but I entered the new code into the eLicencer, just to see what would happen. Suddenly, “AI” changed its name to “Elements”! The upgrade was successful.