upgrade?, what upgrade?

atari, wow, now that is way back when, i think i’d still have been on 8track reel to reel with a roland mc300 midi sequencer at that time though i did eventually embrace logic back in the day when emagic owned it and quite a while before apple got their grubby hands on it!

‘From 10 to 10.5 is too far behind?’ that is not what i said.

i got on the bus at 9.5, which worked absolutely fine for me, and is also not too far behind, now i don’t want to stay working on 9.5 forever (otherwise i would have stayed with windows 98 and emagic logic, that worked great at the time too) as at some point things like vsts won’t want to play nice, they’ll be optimised for the latest version of whatever daw you’re working on, any tech issues you may run into won’t be supported after a particular version etc,etc. update from 10-10.5 costs £51, update from 9.5 costs £136 and so on, see? it becomes more expensive.

10.5 was trialled (i’m a serial trialler!), projects not opening properly, wait for the maintenance fix, 10.5.1, projects opening just the way that they should’ve in 10.5, if 10.5 hadn’t been so majorly bugged for many users, browse the forum for 10.5 issues, it’s rife.

of course once all the bugs are sorted cubase is a power-house daw which competes with any other.