Upgraded from 6 to 7, can I get 6.5?

Hi all,

Title says it all. I thought I read that we have access to all prior versions. Is this so? If so, how can I get it? I only see the 6.5.4 update but I assume you have to have 6.5 first.

Thanks for your help

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_65.html

scroll down on that page and you’ll see the 6.5 updater. :sunglasses:

Ok… Feeling a little stupid! I’m an IT professional for 30 years and I didn’t think to scroll down!!

Anyway, thanks again Steve.

I hear you, been there plenty of times. Scrolling down is simply too simple a solution to think of! :laughing:

Is 6.5 stable? I just bought 7.05 and it just doesn’t work at all when running a moderate session. All sorts of spikes and stuttering. Reminds me of the days when I tried to run PT on a Pentium 4 Windows machine.

Does anyone have any must-do fixes for C7.05 on a late 2011 macbook pro? I have had a look around and can’t see a checklist or anything. It would be nice if I could just select the correct options and it would all run as well as Cubase 6.

bob x

I’m too new to 7.0.5 to suggest anything there, plus I’m on a PC. However, I’ve been using 6 for almost as long as it was out. It has been the most stable DAW I ever used, including prior versions of Cubase.

I had two tracking sessions this week. I excitedly used C7 for the first session and it was quite frankly embarrassing. I went back to C6 for the second session and it went perfectly smoothly. I’m wishing I never bothered to get hold of C7 now.

From what I gather the problem is hyper threading which can’t be disabled on a mac unless you start fiddling around with scary stuff.