Upgraded from Cubase 10.5 Pro to 12 Pro and the new stock plugins from 11 are missing

The title says it all really. I bought the 10.5-12 upgrade direct from Steinberg last week and installed it using the download manager. But when I sat down to have a proper look today, I’ve realised that the new plugins that came in Cubase 11 (which I skipped) such as SuperVision, Squasher, Imager etc aren’t anywhere to be found in my install of 12, even when I rescan the plugins list.

Has anyone come across this or know where I might have done something wrong? I’m a bit out of the loop, but I simply purchased the update and let the download assistant install Cubase 12 and everything related that was listed.…should I have downloaded and installed 11 beforehand as well?

Thanks for any advice!

All the plugins you list should be available with Cubase 12 Pro and Cubase 12 Artist. Installing Cubase 11 should not be required. Do any of them show in your Plugin Manager?

Did you by any chance have created a collection of your own in plugin manager with C10? Then the new plugins wouldn’t be included in that and you need to make sure you’ve selected “default” in the plugin selector.

That’s what I thought too. (That the plugins should be there in 12, regardless of skipping 11). It’s never happened before when I’ve skipped updates. The plugins weren’t showing in the plugin manager either, no. And yep, I do have a custom collection list, but I set it to default to see if that helped matters and the plugins were still missing.

I have just fixed the issue though! I used the download assistant to Install Cubase 11, and now everything that was missing from 11 is showing in the plugin manager in 12.

I’d rather not have both versions installed, but if that’s what it takes to have everything where it should be, then so be it.

Thanks for your help!

I installed Cubase 12.0.40 on a brand new machine that didn’t have any previous installations and C11 plugins such as Supervision are all there, so something must’ve fouled up along the way.

Is it possible you moved the underlying plugin files? I’ve accidentally done that in past when trying to have a clean up of my plugin folders. Whoops! :slight_smile:

That’s a very good point! I just checked though, and waaay back I did change where my samples/library content were installed (to be on an SDD), but that wasn’t a problem with previous updates, and the plugins installation folder and paths are all the same and untouched.

That’s great to know that you had no issues with it though! I’m thinking that you’re right and mine just had a hiccup or two during installation. When I’ve finished my current project, I might try uninstalling everything (10.5, 11, and 12) and doing a clean install of 12 to see if that sorts things without the workaround of having to have 11 installed as well.

Thanks so much for your input!

I’ll marked this as solved as it seems like a one off installation blip type issue. :slight_smile: