Upgraded to Big Sur and Dorico 3.5 won't launch - solved

I get the following badge (screenshot) that I can’t do anything with. Any suggestions?Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 7.53.04 PM. When I open the system preferences and go to the Privacy and Security app there is nothing there relevant to Dorico.

Solution: Had to allow Dorico full disk access. Now it launches fine.

I am only running Catalina, but the concept is the same and hopefully the look will be similar.

Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy.

Click on the Privacy tab.

Click on the padlock icon to unlock, and enter your password.

Click on Files and Folders in the list.

If Dorico is not in the scrolling list of apps, you will need to add it by clicking on the " + " symbol just under the list.

Once it is there, check the relevant locations which Dorico wants to access.

Close System Preferences and try launching Dorico again. Occasionally a logout or restart might be required, but not usually.

I hope this helps.

Yes, I tried that but the plus button wasn’t available. For some reason, I had to go to the “Full Disk Access” tab and allow Dorico full disk access. When I did that then Dorico was showing up in the “Files and Folders” tab. Also, that badge informing me of this issue won’t go away. Click any available button and nothing happens. Is there some way of dismissing these things? Other than a restart I haven’t found a way.

That’s interesting, but glad you got it working.