Upgraded to Yosemite. Application Not Responding.

Just upgraded to Yosemite. Everything went fine. All my plugins and VST instruments are working fine. Projects are opening and closing fine, except…

After closing a project, I then try to close Cubase, but it hangs (Application Not Responding). Every single time. This didn´t happen before. Before I would get some random crashes here and there, but this is something new. It happens every time. Basically I can´t close Cubase without it crashing/hanging. One exception though. It closes fine, if I just open Cubase and close it without opening any project. :stuck_out_tongue:

So how can Steinberg explain this behaviour? Is Yosemite to be blamed here? :open_mouth:

Cubase 8.0.20
OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Hi,

Make sure, your plug-ins are up-to-date. I would recommend to run the Repair Disk Permission from the Disk Utilities.

Btw: Does “Video Services” message appears?

Using C8 32 or 64bit?

I´m pretty sure that all my plugins are up to date as well, but I will still check.

I´ve been using Cubase 64-bit for years, no problems.

This issue doesn´t really hurt, as far as I know… but it kinda hurts making me nervous and worried, when everytime I close the program it hangs or crashes. Everytime. Just because I upgraded to Yosemite.

Problem solved.

Few of my plugins were not actually the latest versions, so after updating the hangs seem to be gone. Can´t really say which plugins caused the hangs, but everything seems to be back to normal. I hope! :smiley: