Upgrading from 10.5

Hey All.

I am currently running 10.5. TBH, I am spending more time in Studio One than Cubase. I started with AI and moved to 9.5 Pro and stuck with the upgrades until now.

10.5 has been glitchy for me. Real Time Performance spikes, seemingly random but persistent. No real dropout or other audio issues. It just seems like 10.5 is not playing nice with my system. I have tried to troubleshoot with LatencyMon and updated drivers, etc but lost patience. I would like to get back in, it is a great deal right now to update to 11 and thus 12 when it arrives. Any thoughts on glitchiness? Win 10 64, UR 44, I7 6700, 24 GB RAM, GTX 760M card. Will update to 11 make a diff? I would really like to find a PC wiz to solve the issue. Studio One is great, I want access to both functioning as they should.

I am also getting an odd message on load up of app. VST Sound Library “” not found. When I click Locate, it seems as tho it is installed. The name is FCP_SMT_001. So, I keep clicking Ignore. If I were to update to 11, would it be smart to wipe out all previous versions of Cubase and do an install of 11?

Thanks,
GN

Have you trashed the preferences before – could be worth a go if you haven’t?

NVIDIA cards come up as a problem here quite a bit so you could zone in on that too.

Hi,

Hard to guess, I would recommend to download Cubase 11 Trial and test it.

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.

I would try to reinstall it. Make sure, you install it as administrator, please.

In this case, I would recommend to delete all (even older) Cubase preferences folders, to make sure, you are running factory settings.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

1 Like

Thanks for replies.

Looks like I made an error in my OP. It is a GeForce GTX 970M. Sorry for the wrong info.

Martin, I do not see a Studio Driver for my card, only Game Ready. Further, I have been reluctant to uninstall video driver in case of unexpected results. It is fine to do this, no question? I don’t believe I have another video device (onBoard) other than this one. I have updated NVidia driver in the past, just can’t remember how I went about this. Maybe just went with the most recent? I forget… Is there value in trying older drivers? Game Ready ones? What about a BIOS update? There is one available, again I am reluctant to get in past my comfort. I would hate to brick it.

Hi,

Open GeForce Experience (see attachment) you can choose between Game and Studio driver.