Upgrading from Cubase 11 Pro to Cubase 12 Pro

How is this supposed to make any sense? Black Friday is a set date, it’s kinda global, i may potentialy return the goods and buy them again at a discount, i can go on but meh. The situation with this grace period is more specific and i don’t like it. At least be kind to the fullest and make a hint about it before we activate.

1 Like

Never come up with the idea in the first place or get rid of it and make everyone equal, not everybody is following Steinerg’s news or forums. I was a new customer and I had no clue about how Steinberg operates. I wasn’t shown the info when I was activating, heck… I didn’t even buy it from the website, imagine that! They have distributors.

1 Like

The idea of the grace period is to ease the pain for the person who bought some software, and then the very next day, or week, a new version is released. It’s not to be “fair” to buyers, or to promote equality. It’s really a gift.

Steinberg’s policy is pretty generous. But for some people no policy will ever be generous enough. The level of self-entitlement of some consumers seems to only rise.

The company has not said they would change this, and I’m sure that’s how it will be going forward. You can always contact Steinberg support directly about this if you want.

Since the question in the OP has been answered, I’ll close this topic.