Upgrading from Cubase 5

If I get the Cubase 6 upgrade (I currently have Cubase 5) do I get a FULL Cubase 6 install set? Or do I have to apply an upgrade on top of a full Cubase 5 install? If I have to do an upgrade, does an upgraded version have any limitations compared to a fresh Cubase 6 install? And can anyone vouch for this being a seemless upgrade from 5 to 6 (i.e. not is C6 great, but does it upgrade properly without any errors, etc)?

Thanks,
Jeff

No it’s a completely independent entity on your system…
It’s not a software upgrade rather than a licence upgrade… you will need the full install of Cubase 6…other than possibly shared plugin directories and iirc unless you move your prefs file temprorarily whilst you install C6 it will pick up your C5 prefs which some people seem to like and others don’t… doesn’t seem to make a huge amount of difference though…
If you decide to install C6 32 and 64Bit versions same applies… they are to all intents and purposes totally separate apps!

Excellent, so I could even re-install Windows and install Cubase 6 right from the C6 install media without? That’s what i want to do to make sure I have a totally clean install.

Thanks,
Jeff

Yes, the disc you get when you buy an upgrade is the same disc as the one you get when buying the full product afaik.