Upgrading from P4P800

As the title says I am thinking of upgrading my Asus P4P800 mobo based system and have a few questions.

I haven’t done a build for quite a few years, since the P4 days, so am completely out of touch with what is now available and what formats all the components come in.

My main questions are:
What can I keep from the old mobo: memory, video card (AGP), PCI Delta soundcard, IDE and SATA drives?
Will the new mobo fit in my old ATX case?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am running Cubase 5.

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob, haven’t seen you around since the old forum !

I’ll leave the motherboard/parts etc recommendations to others as like you, I’m still using an Asus P4P800 Deluxe too :slight_smile:

I think the only thing you’ll be able to salvage would be the Sata drive & soundcard and maybe the IDE drive, mouse & keyboard & monitor, but the rest is from the dinosaur age, computer wise :cry:

If I were you I would just go for a whole new build and keep the old one around for a second DAW, that’s what I did and my second DAW is for VST5/32 & SX3.

I may do a new build sometime but my old system still works well for what I do.

I have other newer computers but not for recording.

Hi Paul, how you doing?
Yes indeed, a long time since I’ve been on here, apart from my other post about keyboard sounds which everyone ignored!
That’s probably because my setup has been running flawlessly. The only reason for an upgrade is I could maybe do with a little more power to run the newer reverbs etc. The P4P800 is such a solid set-up apart from that.
Rob