Upgrading old LE AI 9.5 for the price listed in the software pop up

Hello!

(sorry if this is in the wrong section. It’s my first time here)

I’ve been using Cubase LE AI Elements 9.5 that came in bundle with my Steinberg audio interface and I haven’t looked back. It was fulfilling my every need so far. I would always close the pop up that asks me to upgrade to Elements 9 for 49.99. Until today… I fancied an upgrade so I could expand my abilities. But when I finally clicked the upgrade button after 3-4 years it now goes to the web page asking me to buy the new Elements 11 for 99.99.

Was wondering if there is still any way I could get that sweet deal of upgrading to newer version for 49.99? Or that time has passed and the future is now ? Has anyone had to go through a similar experience?

Thanks in advance!

Vlad

Hi Vlad, and welcome,

Sorry, but it is. There seems no way for an ~50€ upgrade from AI Elements 9.5.
On Steinberg Online-Shop the current offer is ~100€ for Elements 11.

If you decide to get an newer version or even an better upgrade to 11 Artist or 11 Pro, you
may have a look on other online music stores.

E.g. from AI to artist for ~150€ or to Pro11 ~285€ .

You’ve waited too long to spend your money :wink:

nice regards, Paul

1 Like

Alright. Fair enough. Cheers Paul!

Right now (December 12 2021) I’m seeing an upgrade offer “Upgrade from Cubase LE (4 or higher), Cubase AI, Cubase Essential 4/5, Sequel 2/3” to Elements 11 for €49, and because this is within the “grace period”, you’ll automatically get an Elements 12 upgrade as soon as it’s released.

Go to the main Steinberg website, click the “Buy Cubase 11” button, the “Buy Cubase Elements 11”, then “Updates and upgrades for existing customers”, then “Upgrade”.

They don’t make it easy …

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

Downloaded it and it’s great! It was even cheaper. EUR 35. Not sure why but I’m not going to argue! :smiley:

Cheers!