UR-RT4 Help - Random Pulse/Glitch

Hi guys,
anyone out there who has an UR-RT4 unit? :question:

I have a random glitch happening on channel ONE of the unit. This occurs while idle with nothing plugged in, input gain at zero! :astonished: It makes no difference if the Neve transformers are engaged or not. If I sit and watch input ONE it will glitch or rather pulse a couple of times a minute randomly. I have recorded it and can see that it is a full-scale input pulse leading to a negative going digital square wave of about 6 kHz and 10 kHz. The annoying thing is is that this is my replacement unit and the same thing has occurred! :angry:
Faulty batch maybe?

Anyone else had or having or know of anyone having the same problem?

I have the latest USB driver. I can record on the other channels with no issue.

Thanks for reading

Hola FuzzboxUk,
Tengo el mismo problema que tu. Un fallo aleatorio en el canal 1 de la unidad. Sin nada conectado. Pulso de entrada que llega a -11 dB y y produce una onda digital negativa. Los cinco canales restantes pueden grabar bien.
El controlador USB es el mas reciente.
PC: Procesador seis núcleos Intel® Core™ i7 10750H (2,6 GHz, 5 GHz Turbo), windows 10 Pro 64 bits, Memoria (RAM) 32 GB Corsair 2666 MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16 GB), SSD 1 TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (hasta 3500 MB/R, 3300 MB/W)
DAW: Steinberg Cubase Pro 10
Audio y MIDI: UR-RT4, Komplete Kontrol S49 MKII

Has conseguido resolver el problema???
Yo acabo de dectectarlo y viendo tu comentario puede que efectivamente esta sea una partida defectuosa

Hi Ishwara,
I have not resolved it and this is my replacement unit. I sent the previous UR-RT4 back to the dealer for tests. They couldn’t find anything wrong. The dealer said they had it on test for 24 Hours and could not find anything wrong. This is strange as I could get the unit to glitch within 30 mins of turning on. I contacted Steinberg hardware and made my complaint. Their response was send it back to the dealer. which as I said I’m on my second unit. Not impressed by that. Even when I gave them the full story. The dealer did offer to replace it with another manufacturer but I wanted to stay with Steinberg because I wanted a Direct Monitoring facility and the integration should be 100% so, no compromises as you get with mixing manufacturers.

When I’m working in Cubase (I have two screens) I keep one of the screens open on the mixer input so I can see the input channel that has the glitch. I monitor almost daily.
9 months later I can say that I haven’t seen (or heard) a glitch for a while. I’m not sure if it has fixed itself… as sometimes electronic components may need to bed themselves in. A soak test. This should be completed before the unit is sold. I’m sort of guessing here as from my past experience this could be the case. Steinberg may have released the unit too early. The glitch happens on channel one (and on my previous unit). I am about to use channel one on an up and coming project so I should see if it has resolved itself. I will post here with the results :ugeek: in the near future.

If you find out what is causing it, I would be very interested to know what you have found :nerd: :slight_smile:

Cheers Ishwara

Hola FuzzboxUK,
Gracias por tu respuesta. Voy a seguir probando, envié la interfaz al distribuidor y no ha encontrado fallos. Mañana espero recibirla de regreso y voy a seguir haciendo pruebas con ella si vuelve a repetir los fallos.
Tan pronto como tenga noticias que aporten algo nuevo te escribiré.
Saludos FuzzboxUK

No se si será de utilidad, por que depende de como Steinberg asigne los números de serie a los equipos.
Pero el de mi UR-RT es: EEYM01273
¿Podrías comparar este, con el numero de serie de tu interfaz? ¿Podrías decirme cual es? Es posible que contacte con Alemania si el problema persiste y quizás, facilitar los números de serie de dos equipos que presentan el mismo problema, pueda indicar algo a ellos.
Saludos

Hola Ishwara,
Revisé mi número de serie y dice:
BEYO01011
Mi unidad fue comprada en el Reino Unido, por lo que es poco probable que esté en el mismo lote.
Interesado en saber cómo va tu prueba.

Salud