UR22 Blinking and not working (lost contact with PC/driver?)

I’ve had my UR22 USB for approx 7 months and from the start it was working superbly. However, once in a while since that it suddenly stops working. Symptoms are that the white light (USB) is blinking and no matter what I do it never gets into a steady light, and I cannot find the UR22 in any software (cubase / sound controls) or hardware list (Devices). I’m not sure but this seems to happen while the PC is idle and not shut down.

Each time I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, removing old drivers, installing oder drivers, restarting PC, changing cable, etc. Nothing seems to help. However, suddenly, sometime later, it is just working again. This is VERY annoying, since it has happend two times when I have planned a recording session, and also quite annoying that when it starts working again, I don’t know why…

Anybody have any ideas, or experiences of similar problems? Any other suggestions to what to troubleshoot?

Come to think of it, it may be that this happens when the PC performs some kind of Automatic update… Since the PC has gone into hibernation (which it usually doesn’t do when I leave it idle)…

Please help, anybody? This is giving me ulcers…