UR22 cuts out intermittently

Nice to hear some vaguely positive things here, but alas this hasn’t helped me.
I’d updated all my system/chipset/network drivers shortly after I built my machine (I used Driver Booster 3 and Slim Drivers - always had a good experience with these; never been that impressed with Tweakbit)
So yep, I’m all up to date in this regard - but the problem remains. And wireless is all disabled.
I’m a little surprised davpan to hear that you’re bothering with the Realtek audio. I always understood that the first step when setting up an audio interface is to completely disable onboard audio to prevent conflicts etc.
Also I think setting ‘High Performance’ and Processor Power Min/Max at 100% in Power Settings is good, but as far as I know it does not in itself disable Core Parking. It doesn’t on my system anyway. I understand there are registry tweaks that enable this functionality though.
Any more feedback on the ‘Steinberg Cubase’ NVidia Inspector profile?
Thanks.

Yes, I do usually. I updated the drivers just in case it kicked the UR22 into working correctly. Have you tried enabling the on board sound with Network Adaptor disabled? You never know.

Yes, you’re absolutely correct about the Core Parking. I’ll edit my original post in case this confuses anyone.

Sorry to hear you haven’t sorted out your drop problems jamieboo. I hope you get it sorted.

The bottom line is that some systems have their own unique issues with the UR series interfaces. Some systems have no issues. Many of us have done every possible update/change of video card/USB card/setiings… blah blah blah. It has been hashed out to no result. Honestly I am tired of hearing about others possibilities lately because the issue has been hashed out and attempts at system changes tried over and over with no results… The interface driver ‘IS NOT WORKING’ on some systems and there has been no defined reason why it does not.

Obviously there is something that is causing this issue not only on particular motherboards, but on other setups with completely different hardware and drivers.

That makes it clear that there is something obviously conflicting with the UR drivers on certain systems. No setup tweaks or change of OS setup or driver updates are fixing the issue. Nor is there a optimal way to make it work on all.

I solved it by changing my mobo. It would be great if others could find a way to make this work with their systems. I am not one to disrespect Steinberg in any way, but it is obvious that there is a conflict somewhere with multiple systems and the driver. There must be a factor that causes the exact same issue on multiple systems.

It has been over a year now. I personally spent $600 trying to find the issue and my end result was a new mobo. I would hope that the cause of the issue would be found by the writers of the software. I am sure the software is not to blame. But there is obviously a conflict with the driver and it’s connection to some PC based systems.

Please take the time to figure this out for these guys Steinberg. I am running fine now but feel like they have been left behind. That is SHORTY!

I thought it was wifi adapter issue but inserting the wifi card in other PCIe-X1 lane the UR22 works fine. Running Windows 10 my new audio card works fine anyway and running Linux the UR22 works fine too: Intel or AMD graphics, Wifi anywhere, … I’m puzzled

Surprisingly enough, almost straight after my last post I accidentally solved my issue. At least it seems so after a full week without any drops. And what I did exactly? Why, just changed USB port to which my UR22mkII is connected from one to another.

And yes, I know this possible solution was already mentioned here before. But it looked so pointless to me, that I didn’t even bother to try it first. Then one lucky day I became frustrated about the fact that I can’t put my USB stick to one of the rear USB ports because of all this cables there. And I replugged one of the most annoying cable and finally was able to put my USB stick where I wanted. Then I began listening to music, working a little in DAW… and suddenly realized that considerable time has passed and no little drop has occurred. I began to reproduced in my memory what could I have done, remembered about the cable, checked it and yes, it was from my UR22mkII. Live and learn! :slight_smile:

Technical details.
MB Asus M5A78L LE AM3+ ATX
I replugged cable from top right USB rear port to top left, thus closer to the edge. Still not sure what is going on here, though :wink:

Needless to say there is an issue with the driver on some systems. There is obviously not a ‘this works for this or the other’ answer here.

Many have been through every possibility/setup/updates/change of cards/usb ports and there are still issues. Some seem to have UR series driver issues fixed on their systems but that is not a ‘fix’ for the issue itself. There is obviously something that remains to be addressed…

I sure hope the reason that Steinberg hasn’t resolved the problem is that only 15 or so users have had it that posted here in THIS forum. I can only imagine how many just gave up without bothering to post here about their issues. Or just deal with it or give up.

Hello everyone sad to say we have another person experiencing this issue. Got my UR22 this past weekend and the audio keeps cutting out. I have tried many of the things that have been mentioned so far and it has decreased in how often it does this but still it is frequent enough to be an issue. I am waiting for a reply from Steinberg’s support but if they cant fix this fast than I will very likely return the interface.

I fixed my issue by changing video settings, which also affected the audio drop outs. I’m streaming live using OBS, and once I lowered my video settings to resolve video lag, it also fixed the audio.

Just to chime in again. This issue has a high priority at Yamaha but they still have to find a system to reproduce this reliably. As soon as I have any news, I’ll post them here first.

Yep. I started a thread Random noise clicks/pops (UR22 MK1) - UR Series - Steinberg Forums.

【upgrade 20160209】
hi,guys,we can try to upgrade our network card driver,my network card is Intel I219-v,I have upgrade to 20.7,it may help those cut or glitch when browse web.

Just like to add myself to the list of people having this issue.
My pc is window 7 with amd fx6300 processor.

I am sorry but this is not good enough. I could chase a solution, but I refuse to spend any money chasing a solution by replacing parts. I would rather receive a refund on my UR12 which clearly has a design fault and does not work as advertised.

BTW, my old Behringer uca202 works flawlessly on my PC, and with lower latency. So its clearly not my PC.

So anyone got a refund over this issue?

Hi guys,

A while ago i posted about my situation. I used guru3D to set the steinberg profile for my gtx 970. The drop-outs stopped for a few weeks but now they are back :frowning:. I have tried reapplying the profile but the drop-outs are keep coming back. When im playing with games i dont experience these cuts. Mostly i have these when im watching movies and sometimes using youtube with chrome.

Hi,

I have the same issue, Steinberg please solve this issue!

Kind Regards
Trev

Guys i don’t believe that Steinberg or Yamaha haven’t managed to reproduce this issue after A YEAR! Now im experiencing not only little pops but longer sound cracks. I cant watch a single video on youtube without these issues happening. Im buying a new sound device but never from Steinberg, although it’s a great brand i’ve just lost my faith :frowning:

I am scratching my head trying to figure out what I did with the ASROCK motherboard that had these issues with the UR drivers. I initially planned to go ‘Office Space’ on it with a baseball bat, but if I can find it I will ship it directly to Steinberg so they can hopefully reproduce.

There is a solution!
Over the past six months through my hands passed 7 pieces UR12. Only two of them once worked with my PC without cutting and the USB port on one of the eight. The problem stems from the fact that several PCI devices fall into one number the IRQ. You can control it by setting tasks despecher view - RESOURCES by type. This is usually from 16 to 19 the number of interrupts. This built-in sound card, video card and network card. Problem persists disabling built-in sound and network cards in devices dispatcher, and reinstall the video card in the other PCI Express slots in the 8 and 16 bit. As well as reconnection UR12 to all USB ports. After reconnecting, and the system reboots, you will see that the plug and play devices change the interrupt number .You can also connect to additional USB ports on the motherboard. Look for the port that does not have to be carvings.

Hi guys!

I have recently bought an asus zenbook, to be specific, an Asus UX303UB with i7 6500u and an Nvidia gt940m. I tought i could give a try with the asus and the ur22. Well guess what happened?! I was getting drop-outs instantly! Much more cuts than in my main PC. Something is clearly very wrong with the ur22…

I thought I’d add one more data point. I have a UR44 and a Windows 10 DAW and have also been having the issue with random dropouts, both in Cubase and with Windows apps.

Specs:

CPU: Intel I7-5820K
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400

I’ve tried everything mentioned in this thread, and much more, to no avail. I’m tired of pulling my hair out over this issue. I’m also tired of having many vocal recording takes ruined. Unfortunately it’s gotten to the point where I’m about to throw in the towel and trade the UR44 in for a Zoom UAC-2.

Just to chime in here again… we have asked some users to send us logs using a specific driver and development is currently checking these log files. I hope to have some kind of result soon.