UR22 defect

hey,

I just bought the UR22 audio interface and i first tried to connect the headphone port with the PC and as the volume would increase just a bit, the sound starts to get distorted.

Then i tried recording from my Mixer and the sound was even worse distortion and echo it was just not right at all, my PCs sound card sounds better. Is it something to do with the software or is it a hardware problem? and if it is hardware, should i return it or can it be fixed?

Hi ranahammad,

Could you describe exactly how you have connected your UR22 to your PC?

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

hi

i recorded a dj set from my pioneer mixer and it sounded very distorted and as for the cable connections i used 2 rca cables in the rec out from the mixer to balanced 1/4 caple in mic in in the ur22

i record from my built in sound card and it sounds so much better is there something wrong with my steinberg ur22 ??

hi

i recorded a dj set from my pioneer mixer and it sounded very distorted and as for the cable connections i used 2 rca cables in the rec out from the mixer to balanced 1/4 caple in mic in in the ur22

i record from my built in sound card and it sounds so much better is there something wrong with my steinberg ur22 ??

Hi there,

there is nothing wrong and welcome to professional recording environment.

You simply need to set the gaining correctly up and the output gaining from your Pioneer as well.
If it is distorted, your Input/ Output gaining is simply too high or the signal is distorted itself coming out of the Pioneer.

You can use the Direct Monitoring for checking the signal quality.
If you still got issues please write an email to: info@steinberg.de

There is no distortion produced from the UR22 inputs.
We have exact the opposite case , because the UR 22 has inputs that lets you suppose that the pricing should be much higher.

Best regards,

Marcus