UR22 issues with OS 10.11.1 iMac 5k

After installing the new 1.9.6 UR22 audio drivers I’m also experiencing the periodic dropouts running the latest version of OSX El Capitan 10.11.1.

Same here.

Macbook Pro Retina 2015, UR22. I do production work for a national broadcaster; plus, I need to use my UR22 for a live performance on stage in two weeks.

I’ll have to say ‘adios Steinberg’ if nothing happens within a week. :cry: A shame! Love my UR22!

Can we please be given an update on these serious matters by Steinberg’s technical support! ! !
The abandonment of this thread -leaving its members helplessly guessing- is a crying shame! We all depend greatly on the hardware and no matter whether it is the Mac OS update or a Steinberg driver causing this mess… I desperately need to know where the Steinberg Development Team stands on this!

At least a termporary, albeit imperfect fix should be possible (the parallel Windows-related thread on this matter) was given enough information to work out a workaround!

Updates please!!!

Couldn’t agree more. Surprised absolutely nothing has been said by steinberg on this!

Issued today, although no post on here to tell us!

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/usb-audio-interfaces-now-incompatible-with-el-capitan-3443.html

'We have discovered a serious issue when running OS X 10.11.1 that affects all our USB audio interfaces. Previously non-existent in connection with OS X 10.11.0, we now encounter audio dropouts that occur since the release of 10.11.1. The duration of the dropouts vary depending on the system.

We regret any inconvenience that this problem will cause, and are currently investigating the reasons for this occurrence. We ask you to bear with us as we clarify the situation. We shall keep you posted with further information. Unfortunately, and contrary to our previous statement, we cannot recommend using El Capitan together with our USB audio interfaces at this time.’

Well, at least someone is listening…

No problems on 10.11.2 beta 4 UR 824 running flawlessly

That was my first thought. The dropouts occur less often, but I’ve experienced them as well in 10.11.2 beta 4, with UR22 and Driver 1.9.6 :blush:

Having the same issue. Very frustrating. Please Steinberg update this issue ASAP. Updated to OS X 10.11 as per the compatibility chart posted but have been having dropouts since installing the update.

Please keep us in the loop as to what is happening with this issue. Thanks.

Now testing it with OSX 10.11.2 Beta 5
I’ll post my results here.

Nothing has changed in 10.11.2 Beta 5. Drops everywhere… :blush:

Almost 4 weeks gone now and still no solution. What on earth are they playing at.

Hi
I have steinberg ur 22 and mac os 10.11.1 and for me everything works fine
Maybe because i have old mac pro from 2009?

We have released a new driver:

I’m still getting audio dropouts with that driver. Anyone else?

When exactly do they appear and what hardware setup are you working on?

Driver 1.9.7 and OSX 10.11.2 Beta 5.
No audio dropouts yet. Thank you!!

I was getting them when watching a video on youtube, it would buffer the video but wouldn’t play. As soon as I changed to inbuilt sound in the apple preferences it started playing. Logic was also frozen during this time, the playback bar would move, but no sound would come out.

Since reconnecting the UR22 I haven’t had any dropouts, so at least they’re less frequent than before on 1.9.6, but I’ll post on here if it happens again. It may have sorted itself out now.

Host: Apple iMac 5k 27" (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite, 4GHz Intel Core i7, 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD OS Drive, Samsung T1 for samples.
Slave: Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 6-Core i7-5930K (3.5GHz), 64GB RAM, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for samples.
Hardware: Oxygen61 Midi Keyboard, UR22 Interface, Yamaha HS7 Monitors.
Software: Logic Pro X, VEPro Server.

still dropouts new driver 10.1.1

same, I thought it was a one off when I first installed the driver yesterday, but it’s just happened again. Watching a youtube video and opened logic, neither work. This driver is significantly better than before, but the problem is still there.