UR22 MKII Jitter

Hi,

I am using a UR22mk II audio Interface mainly for (high gain) guitar recording.

When doing palm muting there is some serious digital jitter going on that is quite annoying (follow link for audio sample). The jitter is nly trhere with low key mutes, higher notes are not affected.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap5w6h1bvdAugbl0p7CcoSgyl0DzlA?e=ofh92B

Is it a DAW issue(Cubase Elements) -> No, the jitter is also there whilst using stand-alone plugins (Fortin Nameless)
Is it a driver issue -> Don’t think so, all drivers (MKII & Yamaha Asio) are updated
Is it the USB cable or port -> Don’t think so, switched cables and ports, issue remains
Is it a PC issue -> Don’t think so, I have an up to date configuration
Is it a Guitar issue -> No, I mainly play with an active EMG pickup guitar, but when I use a passive pickup guitar, the jitter remains present
Is it a clipping issue -> No, even with minimum input levens the jitter is there

I am open for suggestions

Znolf

Well, first of all it’s not jitter, if it was it would affect all notes you play as jitter comes from a sample clock issue.
Sounds more like clipping to me as only the low note palm mutes, which create a lot of low end energy, are affected.

Did you try the other input on your audio interface?
Did you try a new jack cable?
Did you try to enable the PAD button for the input you are using?
What does the meters read on your input channel in Cubase?

Is this with a mic’ed amp or using an ampsim? If the latter it could be an input overload of the plugin.

Did you try the other input on your audio interface? -> Yup
Did you try a new jack cable? -> Yup
Did you try to enable the PAD button for the input you are using? -> Yup
What does the meters read on your input channel in Cubase? -> Issue is there even when input is extremely low

I saw a youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5D3I54fy44&t=246s) video explaining the issue. Not enough headroom to deal with the low’s.

Issue is solved now, I bought an axe IO interface :slight_smile: