UR22/UR44 Connections

Hi everyone!

I’m about to choose between those interfaces, but I have some questions about the connections possibilities.
My needs are: record eletric guitar (one or two mics/amp simulated by software), and voice.

I’ve read both manuals, and I’d like to share some questions. If I understood correctly:

UR22
It’s possible to connect simultaneously…

• Up to two condenser type mics (Phantom Power On);

• Up to two dynamic type mics (Phantom Power Off);

• One electric guitar with passive pickups (Input 2, HI-Z On), and one dynamic mic (Input 1, Phantom Power Off);

It’s NOT possible to connect simultaneously…

• One condenser type mic (XLR-type cable, Input 1, Phantom Power On), and one dynamic type mic (Phone-type cable, Input 2, HI-Z Off);

• One electric guitar with passive pickups (Phone-type cable, Input 2, HI-Z On), and a condenser type mic (XLR-type cable, Input 1, Phantom Power On);

UR44
It’s possible to connect simultaneously…

• Up to four condenser type mics (Phantom Power On, inputs 1 to 4);

• Up to four dynamic type mics (Phantom Power Off, inputs 1 to 4);

• Up to two dynamic type mics (Phantom Power Off, inputs 1/2), and up to two condenser type mics (Phantom Power On, inputs 3/4),
    all using XLR-type cables;

• Up to two electric guitar with passive pickups, using inputs 1/2 (no option to switch Off HI-Z), AND
    Up to two dynamic type mics (Inputs 3/4, Phantom Power Off), OR
    Up to two condenser type mics (Inputs 3/4, Phantom Power On);

It’s NOT possible to connect…

• Active pickup guitars, because HI-Z is always On;

Another question about UR22: does someone know the max mA provided, per input, when Phantom Power is On?

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my English)!

Personally I like the ur44 alot. I use input 3/4 for non hi-z guitar recordings. Hi-z is only on input 1 and 2. The only thing I would like on it is a -20 db pad (dampen) on the 4 D-PRE inputs. You can however choose between +4 and -10 on the line inputs 5/6. (software)

I would also suggest the UR44 over the 22 :wink:

Thanks you all.

I’ll do some more research about the DSP built in UR44 that UR22 don’t have.

UR44 here in Brazil costs double the UR22, and it is hard to find.

The UR22 seem to fit my current needs, but I have to think a little about the future too.

My main concern with the 22 is that it has no external power supply and I think this is the cause of many of the problems some have with this unit. I think this omission was a bad mistake. Even the newest addition to the UR family, the UR12 which is even smaller than the 22 has been outfitted with an external PS option! Makes you wonder why :wink: