UR22C apparently boosting high frequencies. Why?

Hello. I’m using a UR22C on a Windows 10 PC - a Dell XPS 8930. I’m hearing what appears to be a boost in the high and high-mid frequencies, creating some harshness. This is going to lead to misleading mixes.

I don’t think it’s an issue with the UR directly because it operates well on my other non-Dell Windows PC. So it’s a problem with the Dell even though it works with the UR22C normally in other respects.

I have updated to UR22C’s drivers etc but I’m still getting this hi freq boost. Is there something I need to tweak to get them to play nicely with each other? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Heath
Is this when using the UR22c with a DAW and ASIO driver, or is it when using windows audio? If it’s ASIO, I have no idea what could cause this.
But if you use windows audio there could be all kinds of “sound improving” software running in the background.

1 Like

Dell is known for providing “better” audio with such tools :clown_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the responses. I’ve figured out that the problem is ME! I think it’s hay fever affecting the frequency acceptance of my hearing. It seems to be knocking out certain low-mid spectrum bands and so “unmasking” the higher ones! Extraordinary! It may well have happened before in past seasons, but it’s this summer that I’m noticing it in a practical aural sense. Thanks again. Roll on the autumn! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So it was a case of the Sinus blues, who would have guessed?
:grinning: