UR22C Drivers (2.0.4) not working in macOS Big Sur (11.0.1)

On my Intel + Big Sur it works without uninstalling or deleting any files, I just have to RESTART the computer every time I disconnect the interface. Which is really annoying, it’s been two months since the official release of Big Sur (and at least 6 since they have access to beta versions), still no drivers.

I am already looking for alternatives, unfortunately.

Deleting “com.yamaha.YamahaSteinbergUSBDriver.plist” worked for me. Does not feel like a good solution. At least we can record again on all 4 channels.

Now just the eLicencer needs a fix and then we are good to go.

Ur22c and big sur

Deleting that file in Preferences doesn’t work for me :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:.
I’m going to buy a focusrite…

I spend too much hours with those computers problems

What are you going to buy ?

I’m searching some people who has Ur22c and Big sur on a Mac 2016 ( intel) and can use their Ur22c… to simply listen to Spotify trough studio monitors . I’m not talking about Logic Pro, cubase or garage band… just working :palms_up_together:
:crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face:.

The new release fixed it!

And has fun new features!

https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/dspmixfx-15-update-for-ur-c-interfaces-5779.html

He did not fix anything. DspMixFx does not see the map. It is impossible to install the firmware, write to check the connection. I have a MacBook Pro M1 Big Sur. How to use the card in general? Maybe someone came up with something?

Yeah, the funniest of the features is the luck of support for Big Sur.

:exploding_head:

FYI - Big Sur Intel is working fine. M1 is a whole other kettle of fish.

Brand new M1 Mac mini here with a shiny UR44C audio interface completely and utterly redundant / useless…

I bought the interface in good faith that a few months in that a multi-national, professional audio company like Steinberg would have had the Product Management and Product Development teams to deal with driver updates for new technologies such as the M1 based architecture.

It would not be half as bad if we had a update akin to “we are working on this and expect a release in xxxx”, but as they say…
The Silence Is Deafening.

And here was I about to spend a further few more hundred pounds or so on Version 11 Cubase Pro, but I understand that is an equally incompatible product with Big Sur / M1 silicon Macs.

Come on Steinberg! I have been using your products on and off (more off lately than on) since the early 1990’s. At least give us one glimmer of hope?

My UR22 worked without the Steinberg driver installed on a MacBook Pro until I bought a new M1 running Big Sur and yeah, it stopped working. I started up GarageBand to confirm it was Cubase.

Being a newbie to DAW’s, I decided to download and install Logic Pro trial version. Have to say I’m sold on it! Goodbye Steinberg! Kiss my xss!

1 Like

Guys, I’m also having troubles with M1 support.
First bought UR44C, used it without any issues on Windows (Intel).
Then purchased Apple M1 - no support and no dspmixfx recognizing the audio device.

But hey, this is nothing to do with Steinberg, it’s all about the new technology from Apple.
It’s not just Steinberg facing troubles.

I would be glad to wait until we have proper drivers released and I shall be switching the computer over Steinberg products should we have no solution in the foreseeable future.

Really surprised that people who use Steinberg products since early 90s are ready to give up due to a new MacBook.

oh, thanks, it worked for me to make Cubase great again :sunglasses:

Can you explain what worked?

MacBook air m1 with logic and it works
Do not I nstall a driver urc22 doesn’t need one it works fine without a driver
Steinberg is testing the hardware ridicules support
The dsp effects are not working

Do not I nstall a driver urc22 doesn’t need one it works fine without a driver
Steinberg is testing the hardware ridicules support
The dsp effects are not working

True, I had to uninstall the driver on older MacBook running Catalina to get it working so it appears that it’s not just big sur.

Can’t remember if I had the same issue with Mojave thou…

However, you can try the following to make your UR Interface work under macOS 11 (Big Sur):

disconnect your UR Interface

open the following path on your hard drive:
“Name of your hard driver" → “Library” → “Preferences”

now delete the following file:
com.yamaha.YamahaSteinbergUSBDriver.plist

restart your machine and reconnect your UR Interface afterwards

Cubase 10.5 kept crashing always I selected UR44C interface over the built-in.
After doing that with deleting the file it now works great.

Well, yes the file was deleted long ago.
So I just tried Cubase again and now magically(???) the UR is working !! :neutral_face:

everything worked for me the first time and plays and records the only thing when I select ur 22c asio in the cube it slows down everything is not possible to work m1 mac pro