UR22C random audio drop out

Hello guys
I have Dell laptop i7, 16GB RAM 512 GB SSD, Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1 ports, so quite good one. Recently I bought UR22C and I’m facing random audio drop out. It sounds like connect/disconnect output jack for a while (0,5s). I’ve installed latest ASIO driver 2.0.4, latest Tools and other related drivers and software. I’ve played with buffer size and it doesn’t matter if it’s 32 or 1000. Symptom remains.

Any tips and tricks guys? Before I switch to Focusrite as I have UR-C just 2 weeks

How, exactly, is the interface connected to your computer? Are you using a hub or some other adapter?

I use cable included in the UR-C package connected directly to laptop to USB 3.1 port

The last time I had an interface dropout I was using Windows 7. Since I switched to Windows 10, I haven’t had a problem.

You might want to do a forum search on interface dropouts on Gearslutz. There are LOTS of potential causes that have nothing to do with a malfunctioning interface. Other than that, I don’t know what to suggest.

Yes, it’s wierd . I run Win 10 64bit. Thanks anyway

Try to uninstall KB4589212. I have dropout issues with this update.

Looks like the random audio drop out is an apparent cross platform problem.
I’ve experienced this on macOS 11.2.3 running on a late 2016 MacBook Pro w/4 USB ports. The OEM Apple charger was plugged into one port and the UR22-C into another without using a hub through a high quality Thunderbolt 3 USB 3.1 compliant cable.
At first I thought that the random audio drop out was possibly due to the USB C cable becoming unplugged. So I looked into SysPref>Sound and the UR22-C was still selected as the audio device in use at the time when the Steinberg device went silent. Checking Applications>Audio MIDI Setup also shows the UR22-C to be selected. Restarting my laptop makes this problem go away for a while.
An apparent cross platform problem with this hardware device lowers my confidence still more that it’ll ever run as expected.

Found your link to a support article that addresses my problem—

But it offers zero insight how how to make this stop on a mac. So I tried updating the firmware and had this error message—
UR Firmdate Error.pdf (191.1 KB)
Here’s a pic of how the UR22-C looks to the macOS—
UR22-C Info Connected.pdf (76.3 KB)
Why can’t the Steinberg firmware update software see the Steinberg device when my macOS can?
I chose the UR22-C because it was a 32 bit device. So I run it only in 32 bit mode. When will a complete fix of the cross platform random audio drop out problem be released?