A very peculiar problem I experienced with my brand new UR22mkii device:
I bought the UR22mkii as a replacement for my old M-Audio Fast Track Pro, because I wanted to start using Windows 10 and needed a device that should be working well with the new operating system.
Yesterday we installed the device, connected my monitors and installed the Yamaha USB driver.
I should say that I also have enabled my onboard audio and have separate computer speakers to handle the Windows Sounds.
Using Sibelius and the ASIO drivers, everything worked fine and I was very happy to hear the quality of sound.
Today I started my PC and I did not have any sound, except thru my computer speakers.
BUT WHEN I CONNECT TO THE PC WITH TEAMVIEWER, I CAN HEAR ALL THE SOUND PLAYING THROUGH THE UR22MKII (!!)
Here a short summary of what happened in between today and yesterday:
- we installed an old printer and needed to use legacy drivers that were not signed, so we needed to reboot Windows and allow unsigned drivers. I took us quite a bit of trial error to get this working, but we did not change any major settings as far as we can remember.
- we changed a HDD in the computer.
What we did so far:
- we made sure the volume on the UR22mkii was on
- we uninstalled the Yamaha USB driver and re-installed it.
- we checked all the cables to be sure they are connected correctly (also made sure it is USB 2.0 we are using).
- we checked all basic Windows settings to be sure the sound was not muted in any place.
- we rebooted several times.
- we detached the computer speakers.
- we made sure the monitors were attached properly.
What on earth can be the problem and how can I troubleshoot this???
Thanks for all your suggestions !