ur22mkii problem

A very peculiar problem I experienced with my brand new UR22mkii device:

I bought the UR22mkii as a replacement for my old M-Audio Fast Track Pro, because I wanted to start using Windows 10 and needed a device that should be working well with the new operating system.

Yesterday we installed the device, connected my monitors and installed the Yamaha USB driver.
I should say that I also have enabled my onboard audio and have separate computer speakers to handle the Windows Sounds.
Using Sibelius and the ASIO drivers, everything worked fine and I was very happy to hear the quality of sound.
Today I started my PC and I did not have any sound, except thru my computer speakers.
BUT WHEN I CONNECT TO THE PC WITH TEAMVIEWER, I CAN HEAR ALL THE SOUND PLAYING THROUGH THE UR22MKII (!!)

Here a short summary of what happened in between today and yesterday:

• we installed an old printer and needed to use legacy drivers that were not signed, so we needed to reboot Windows and allow unsigned drivers. I took us quite a bit of trial error to get this working, but we did not change any major settings as far as we can remember.
  • we changed a HDD in the computer.

What we did so far:

• we made sure the volume on the UR22mkii was on :slight_smile:
  • we uninstalled the Yamaha USB driver and re-installed it.
  • we checked all the cables to be sure they are connected correctly (also made sure it is USB 2.0 we are using).
  • we checked all basic Windows settings to be sure the sound was not muted in any place.
  • we rebooted several times.
  • we detached the computer speakers.
  • we made sure the monitors were attached properly.

What on earth can be the problem and how can I troubleshoot this???

Thanks for all your suggestions !