ur242 in cubase

Hello,

Today I have received a new ur242. Previously I have had M-Audio Fw 410 however I have had problems with the driver and I have decided to switch to Usbvaudio.

I have the following problems:

1. I have a problem to activate input 3 and 4 in Cubase. It is indicated as inactive. The FX out is indicated as inactive too
  2. There is a problem that sometimes the output cuts out for a short time. I think only in CUBASE
  3. When I switch on cubase the mixer program for the soundcard stops working, the message is that the USB port is used by another program(by cubase). It was different with the FW410. When I have started the cubase the mixer was active.

Thank you in advance

Frank

1. As for the active inputs you can check if they are enabled in dspmix.
  2. I think you mean DPC latency (audio dropouts). This had to with optimizing your PC and OS. You can google many checklists for your OS. If on Windows this usually included disableing your wifi-adapter, setting background services as priority, and optimizing your CPU. Example: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207359245-Optimising-your-PC-for-audio-on-Windows-7
  3. I can’t help you with this one as I haven’t been using Cubase yet but I think it is integrated so tightly in Cubase you dont’ have to use the mixer program (although I’m not 100% sure but you could look in this direction).