ur28m hiss

Really wanted to buy one of these but after reading all these comments about issues and hiss etc ive been really put off by it

i current have a focusrite pro24 which has nearly zero hiss so would that be a step down getting a UR28m do you think guys?

thanks alot
JFH

I’ve just reinstalled the UR28M on a new higher spec PC. Turning the UR volume up I don’t detect any noticeable hiss from any of my monitor systems. If however I turn up one of the systems and back off on the UR, then there is a minor hiss when no music is playing. So that would seem to confirm what Guillermo described Re. S/N.

That’s good news. What are your system specs?

I have HS50m-s which are hissy themselves, so I’m hoping that UR28m won’t boost that hiss if I buy it…

I know this thread is old but I just bought one of these and I notice the hiss too. It’s there all the time even with the volume down. I have 3 sets of monitors attached and they all hiss from the unit. If unhooked all the monitors are whisper quiet, back into the unit and they all hiss.

I called my supplier and they confirmed it is something they are aware of and it is limitations in the device, others have complained about the same thing, they offered a refund but to be honest I am prepared to keep it and work with it, I really like it. I hope sometime soon Steinberg will come out with an upgraded model with more plugins and better converters as well as being quiet, I will be the first to buy!