UR44 and other UR. Use UR mixer instead of cubase mixer

Is it possible to use ur44 with the dspmixfx. Not with the ‘hardware’ tab in the cubase mixer ?

And is it possible to have audio going thru it without cubase ?

Used to have ur22 and was happier with it. Every input was always directly monitored even if none of daw programs was open.

Yes. I can hear the inputs of my UR44 with no programs open. Just on the Windows desktop. I also had a guitar plugged in and using the onboard amps to play along with music using Windows Media Player.

I don’t believe so. Not while Cubase is running and controlling the UR.

Yes. I can hear the inputs of my UR44 with no programs open. Just on the Windows desktop. I also had a guitar plugged in and using the onboard amps to play along with music using Windows Media Player.

I have speakers connected to main outputs tho

How did you configure it to always hear inputs ???

I just opened the dspMix app, and set up the channels. For example, I loaded the Crunch amp in the #1 input and setup the gain and EQ. Then even if you close the dspMix app, the settings remain. Even when I reboot.

On my system in doesn’t let me open DsdMix… hmm…

I’m starting to give up on Steinberg UR and get motu or something

You aren’t trying to open dspMix with Cubase open are you?

when cubase is not running or open. DspMixFx works and all Inputs work.
when I start cubase all of a sudden all inputs and MixDspFx get muted.
only way to hear inputs al the time is to create seperate track and keep in monitor.

this is also edtremly inconvenient when doing manual punching in with multiple audio tracks, i have to have input monitoring enabled which mutes the the track.

hi overcome this, and i can use the UR Mixer even when cubase is running, but its a PITA to do.
basically you need to delete some UR extension and installer
see my post here and follow the instructions

i also made a feature request for uninstalling ur extension/or not installing it from the first place by choice,but nothing for now.!

Edit: the post that instruct how to delete the extensions

Awesome awesome awesome!!!
Thanks a million!!!