I had lots of trouble installing the drivers for the UR44 on my Mac with Catalina. I tried everything under the sun and never got a response from Steinberg.
I followed the instructions from a previous post by @shyamrajrocks and it worked immediately.
The solution is very simple. It will def work with Catalina - Here are the steps.
- Go to Mac Settings
- Go to Security and Privacy
- On the bottom left you will see a yellow lock -> unlock it to allow changes
4.In the bottom of the window under GENERAL you will see ALLOW APPS DOWNLOADED FROM APP STORE & APP STORE AND IDENTIFIED DEVELOPERS
5.Click the second option APP STORE AND IDENTIFIED DEVELOPERS
- After installing the latest firmware and driver which is https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_ur44&L=1
- You will see a prompt in the same window of General settings saying allow Yamaha Software to be installed. Say YES!
- Go to your audio settings and you will find it.
If you found this helpful do add me on Instagram and we could exchange our music! - @shyamrajrocks