I’ve called and talked with Steinberg support.
I’ve emailed back and forth with Steinberg support.
They don’t believe me.
Please, someone else help me verify that I’m not alone in this.
I’ve been able to recreate this with multiple UR44 units, on multiple machines, running various versions of MacOS/OS X, in both Cubase and Nuendo (Latest and previous versions).
Have run through this several times with the same results:
• Clean install of latest MacOS, updated.
• Latest Steinberg Tools for UR44 (minus the included Yamaha USB Driver).
• Latest Yamaha USB driver.
• Clean install of Nuendo or Cubase, updated.
• Create a new session.
• Create a new mono track.
• Plug in a QBox or equivalent tone generator at -20 dB.
• Start recording.
• Approximately every 3 minutes, or more, or less, there’s a very small click, which when you zoom in, looks like a clock slip.
• Happens no matter what the buffer is set to, but definitely takes a little longer the higher the buffer (Last time I tested, it took 13 minutes at 2048).
• If you create more tracks, it happens across all tracks being recorded.
Is this just a Mac thing?
I’ve attached screen shots of what it looks like. You can imagine what it sounds like, but if someone really wants I’ll upload the audio as well. I can also share the session.