UR44 Input 3,4,5,6 not working properly

Hi guys, i have a UR44 which i bought last year and i am facing a problem which i cannot seem to resolve. Inputs 1 and 2, the Hi-Z inputs are working great and they have no issues. However, my 2 other XLR/1/4 inch line inputs on the front and the 2 1/4 inch line inputs at the back seem to not work properly. When i play an mp3 through my iPod directly into these inputs, all i can hear is the backing track and harmony. There is no bass and it sounds overall softer as well. The first 2 inputs however, work great. Is there something wrong with my interface, or is it supposed to sound that way. Could it be damaged?

This sounds very much like an issue I had with an iPad in the past. What you’re hearing is only signal that ISN’T in both channels. In other words… any part of the track that’s mono and identical between the left and right is being cancelled out. This means one of two things are happening:

1. The jack in your iPod is screwed (have using the same cable into another device?)
  2. Your inputs on the UR44 are out of phase. Check the PHASE buttons in the UR44 software mixer.

Let us know what you find?

Gavin