UR44 PLEASE HELP...!!!

I’m away from my DAW (by roughly half a planet of distance) but I will guess a little at the questions and suggest a setup based on how I use my UR44 with Cubase. Unfortunately I can’t show images which would make this a lot easier. I’ll use dot points since it will be a week before I get back. It might get you started - it might just confuse but I’ll show images when I get back if you are still stuck:

• Cubase is fully integrated with Ur44 and provides Direct Monitoring, DSP for Reverb and Guitar FX so you can use these during monitoring without latency (and without recording them). All of this is directly integrated in Cubase using teh Hardware tab as steve points out in the previous post.
  • As a result of the above you don’t need to use the DSP Mix FX software at all when in Cubase
  • I find the best option for routing the UR44 is to use the Control Room. In the control room:
    ++ Set up the Main mix to connect to UR44 Mix 1 (if I recall correctly the Outputs tab will show no connection, the Control Room takes over this duty - shame I don’t have Cubase with me. Just setup the Control room and ignore the other tab if it changes).
    ++ Set up Headphones to connect to UR44 Mix 2
    +++ Plug your headphones into Headphone 2 port and set Headphone 2 port to use the Mix 2 bus (in the Audio Hardware panel accessible from Cubase)
    ++ For a Vocal Monitor mix - setup a Cubase Cue Mix, and don’t worry about routing it anywhere at all - you’ll see why in the next point
  • With control Room enabled the Cubase Right panel will show both the Headphone and Main mix controls - importantly you can set either the Main Mix or the Headphones to monitor the Main stereo bus or the Cue Mix. You can thus get the headphones to listen to the cue mix for your vocalist. And you can check it on your monitors as well.
  • Using the Hardware tab in the mixer that steve points out you can set up a channel strip and reverb and have these route to Mix 2 so the monitor mix includes some realtime effects (like comfort reverb or EQ corrections). The same panel allows you to set whether or not Cubase records the dry signal or the effect chain as well.

Everything you want, and more, is available via the UR44, its just a matter of taking one step at a time to understand how the signals flow in Cubase and which interface elements are needed to configure that.

Sorry I can’t send pictures right now, it would definitely help.

Cheers

Rob