UR44 to IPAD AIR 2-Failed Connectivity-"CANNOT USE DEVICE "I

I have a UR44 and want to use it with my IPAD Air 2 for use with Cubasis.

I am using an IPAD Air 2, model MH322LL/A, OS ver. 10.2.1 (14D27).

When I connect my UR44 with the Apple Lightning to USB adapter to the IPAD Air 2, I get the following message, as do other people: “I get the error.CANNOT USE DEVICE Steinberg UR44: The connected device is not supported.”

I have read all the fixes and tried all of them with no luck. I have done the following:

1. I have rebooted everything and turned off and on in every possible way.
  2. I replaced the Lightning to USB adapter with one purchased from the Apple Store definitely made BY APPLE.
  3. I have tried numerous different USB cables, to connect to the Lightning to USB connector.
  4. I have tried plugging the UR44 directly into a wall socket (as someone mentioned that worked for them).
  5. I have tried shutting down the IPAD, and rebooting; and have tried turning on the UR44 first, then the IPAD, and vice versa as well as every other possible variation…
  6. My PC and MAC firmware on the UR44 is up-to-date.
  1. The IPAD Software is the most current: OS ver. 10.2.1 (14D27).
    The only other thing I have not tried but have seen online suggested is, I have not reset the IPad to Factory Settings, nor have I completely re-installed the Ipad software.

Is there anything else I can try? If not, what is my next step? Should I reset the Ipad to factory settings? What if that doesn’t work?

Please help. It seems that whenever I upgrade or buy something new from Steinberg, I am one of the select few that it doesn’t work properly in the beginning and it is quite frustrating, as I m sure you know.

Thank you,
marsxmarsx