I have a UR44 and want to use it with my IPAD Air 2 for use with Cubasis.
I am using an IPAD Air 2, model MH322LL/A, OS ver. 10.2.1 (14D27).
When I connect my UR44 with the Apple Lightning to USB adapter to the IPAD Air 2, I get the following message, as do other people: “I get the error.CANNOT USE DEVICE Steinberg UR44: The connected device is not supported.”
I have read all the fixes and tried all of them with no luck. I have done the following:
- I have rebooted everything and turned off and on in every possible way.
- I replaced the Lightning to USB adapter with one purchased from the Apple Store definitely made BY APPLE.
- I have tried numerous different USB cables, to connect to the Lightning to USB connector.
- I have tried plugging the UR44 directly into a wall socket (as someone mentioned that worked for them).
- I have tried shutting down the IPAD, and rebooting; and have tried turning on the UR44 first, then the IPAD, and vice versa as well as every other possible variation…
- My PC and MAC firmware on the UR44 is up-to-date.
- The IPAD Software is the most current: OS ver. 10.2.1 (14D27).
The only other thing I have not tried but have seen online suggested is, I have not reset the IPad to Factory Settings, nor have I completely re-installed the Ipad software.
Is there anything else I can try? If not, what is my next step? Should I reset the Ipad to factory settings? What if that doesn’t work?
Please help. It seems that whenever I upgrade or buy something new from Steinberg, I am one of the select few that it doesn’t work properly in the beginning and it is quite frustrating, as I m sure you know.