UR44+UR22 MKII in Cubase 10 Pro

I want to record with 6 microphones simultaneously and besides owning a UR44, I can borrow a UR22 MKII.
the Yamaha Steingerg USB Driver automatically recognized the UR22 module as soon as I connected it to the PC, as well as Windows 10 made it available as installed.
Problem:
Cubase 10 Pro does not make the UR22 available as an input module (and output obviously). It does not exist as hardware for it.
It would be ridiculous if it was not possible to have the 2 modules simultaneously turned on, and that you could select any micro input on an audio track in the project window.
Has anyone ever had this problem and can you help me?
Thank you
To-coruche

Hi and welcome,

Install UR22 MKII driver.

Be aware, you can’t cascade these Audio Devices and use all 6 mic inputs at the same time in Cubase. Only one ASIO driver can be selected, either UR44 or UR22.

Thank you Martin; is truly unthinkable and I am sorry that this hypothesis has never been put. Maybe Steinberg would sell a few more modules to expand the small studios …! Anyway; Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
To-coruche

Hi,

Or just rewrite the ASIO driver so it allows to cascade the Audio Devices. :wink: In theory it is possible to write the driver so.

Or you can use ASIO4ALL driver with these 2 Audio Devices. ASIO4ALL can cascade the Audio Devices. But you will get worse latency than the native driver provides. And you cannot use the DSPFx stuff.

You could connect the output of the U22 to inputs 5 and 6 on the rear of the UR44, then use dsp mix fix to set the UR22 to route its mic inputs directly to the UR44,

Then use Cubase with Ur 44

6 mic preamps, and 1 UR44 ASIO device…

You could connect the output of the U22 to inputs 5 and 6 on the rear of the UR44, then use dsp mix fix to set the UR22 to route its mic inputs directly to the UR44,

Then use Cubase with Ur 44

6 mic preamps, and 1 UR44 ASIO device…