UR44 Volume issues

Hi folks! This is my first post in the steinberg forums. I’m hoping someone can help me with an issue that has been driving me crazy!

I have a UR44 unit, running Cubase 7.5 in Windows 8.1. I am a relative newbie but I’m pretty sure I have everything set up right. All software, firmware, and drivers are the latest releases, and everything seems to be working the way it should, except for one big problem,

The Issue- My monitor levels are SO LOW. When I get the input and gains down to a level that they aren’t clipping or overloading, I can hardly hear it in the headphones, even with the volume turned all the way up. Does anyone know why this could be?

Please please help me…

More details please.

What do you need to know? Basically the headphone output on my UR44 unit is too quiet, even with the volume turned all the way up. If I bring up the levels in Cubase the audio clips.

What headphones (make & model)? What impedance do they have? Monitors (which type) are also low? Are you using the Control room feature? Any information that you think might be pertinent - describe your signal chain and settings. You say “…I’m pretty sure I have everything set up right…” but perhaps you don’t - describe your setup.
It’s understood you’re having a problem with the monitoring levels being too low, but without these details it’s rather difficult to help figure out why.

Using my UR44,my ATH M50’s work great and they get plenty loud. My AKG 240’s don’t. I have them now powered by a headphone amp (a Behringer MiniMon).