UR44C blinking

It works, but it keeps blinking at the Volume knob. Why? Slightly distracting.

It is not a volumeknob but a Gainknob, so there is always a sourcesignal present here.
Depending how quiet or loud this is the led will blink and giving you the “yes there is a signal”

It was the ring around the big output knob.

Sorry, that issue I should not have posted. The UR44C was just unhappy with USB power and when I plugged in the power adapter, the blinking stopped.

I was assuming the UR 44 C can use USB power only, which mine couldn’t. Was using the UR 22 C before, so, I should just have plugged in the power adapter.

1 Like

I have the same problem. The ring around the output keeps blinking. Rookie question: You still need to have it connected via USB 3.0 to a pc/Mac, right? Which position do you place the power source on the rear, if you are both using USB and adapter?

Adapter

You still need to have it connected via USB 3.0 to a pc/Mac, right?

Only if you want to use it with the computer.

USB 2 or 3 both work.

1 Like

So why it blinks ?

This info is in the manual, it’s a great read!

1 Like

Hi Steve. I’m sure you weren’t being derogative with the “it’s a great read” comment so lets look at what is written in the Operation Manual, using your picture. The use of a double negative is what is confusing. As printed, “The indicator flashes continuously if the power supply is not insufficient.” So, written another way the statement would be, "The indicator flashes continuously if the power supply is sufficient. Why, then, as asked by jurikill, does the ring led around the output knob flash continuously if the power is sufficient? / or is that a type-o? Plus, I know that my workstation desktop computer is giving the device plenty of power down that usb bus, so I ask again why does it continuously flash? / or is there something wrong with the ur44c? I’ve just recorded several hours of 192khz, 32bit with the light flashing all of the time and the ur44c worked just fine. Nothing bad happened as if there is a power issue, but the led keep flashing. Not having the power supply attached is the only way I can have an off switch with this device, without having to add a switch, so…, will there be a fix that keeps the light from flashing all of the time when you are using the usb bus power if there truely isn’t a power issue? Nothing stated here is trite or derogatory.

It’s a misprint, don’t you think?

Yes, of course.